1. A rich and notable boy wizard finds a potions book that allows him to trade lives with an anonymous peasant.
2. Viola disguises herself as a man in order to escape a rural farmhouse besieged by zombies.
3. Charlie is an introverted but intelligent high schooler, whose questions about friendship, sex, and substances only become more urgent as the effects of the experimental treatment to cure his mental retardation begin to fade.
4. In this classic beat novel, two drugged out twenty-somethings head out west in search of the lost city of gold.
5. After losing all his limbs in WWI, a soldier must solve a murder despite the wishes of crime lords, super-intelligent babies, and talking kangaroos.
Scroll down for the answers!
1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and the Pauper - from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (2005) and The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain (1881)
2. Twelfth Night of the Living Dead - from William Shakespeare's Twelfth Night (1602) and George Romero's Night of the Living Dead (1968)
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflowers for Algernon - from The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (1999) and Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes (1966)
4. On the Road to El Dorado - from On the Road by Jack Kerouac (1957) and Disney's The Road to El Dorado (2000
5. Johnny Got His Gun, with Occasional Music - from Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo (1939) and Gun, with Occasional Music by Jonathan Lethem (1994)
Post a Comment